Monday, December 15, 2014

Lemon Ginger Pear Spritzer


A few months ago, I was visiting my college town and I hung out at the bar where my friend bartends. She made me a delicious ginger pear punch with house-infused vodka and I found myself craving the drink ever since.
When my friendsgiving party rolled around, I thought it would be the perfect time to try my own spin on her recipe. I know most people bring something to drink for themselves, but I always like to have a large batch of something, just in case. 
First, I made my own ginger citrus syrup. And it is amazing! I put it in my tea and fell in love! I'm also thinking it would be awesome in apple cider or with ginger ale as a non-alcoholic drink for the kids. 
When making my drink for the party, I decided to save myself the trouble and just buy pear flavored vodka, although making your own infused vodka would probably be even more spectacular! I quadrupled this recipe below for friendsgiving and just left it out for everyone to pour themselves. And it was a huge hit! This drink is spicy and sweet, and very smooth. I will definitely be making it again. 

Lemon Ginger Pear Spritzer

Ingredients:
2 oz. pear vodka
1 oz. Ginger citrus syrup (recipe below)
2 oz. Ginger ale
2 oz. soda water
Squeeze of lemon
Sliced pears and lemons for garnish

Directions:
In rocks glass, combine all ingredients over ice. Stir, garnish, and enjoy! 

Ginger Citrus Syrup

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
2 cups water
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 orange

Directions:
1. In a blender, combine Ginger and 1 cup water. Blend until as smooth as possible. 
2. In large saucepan, combine blended ginger with all other ingredients. Bring to boil until all sugar is dissolved. 
3. Remove from heat and let cool at least 30 minutes.
4. Strain through fine mesh strainer into container. Seal well and keep refrigerated for up to 4 months.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment