It's almost sweet corn season here in the Midwest! I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you guys! I am obsessed with this soup! It's hearty, creamy and spicy all at the same time. Yummy!
Spicy Pepper & Corn Soup
1 tsp coconut oil
2 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
4 ears sweet corn (if in a pinch use 1/2 bag frozen corn)
2-3 cups veggie or chicken stock
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
For garnish: cilantro leaves, sliced avocado
1. Heat oil in large pan. Add peppers and onions and sautée on medium for 4-5 minutes.
2. Remove corn kernels from the cob and add to pan. Cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Add broth, lime juice, salt, and cilantro and simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and transfer soup in to blender. Blend until smooth.
5. Return to pan and add yogurt. Stir on low heat for about 2 minutes or until yogurt is all mixed in.
6. Ladle in to bowls and top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.