If you have visited my blog before, you know I'm a sucker for banana bread. Every week I buy a bunch of bananas and let them sit on my counter as I not-so-patiently wait for them to brown enough to make banana bread for the coming week. I also have a slight obsession with coconut, so this recipe is a perfect combination of two things I love! These muffins are delicious enough for dessert and healthy enough for breakfast! Nom nom!
Coconut Banana Bread Muffins
2 very ripe bananas (optional: +1 for topping)
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp skim milk
2 tsp orange juice
2 tsp Greek yogurt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional: +2 tsp for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In medium mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
3. Add oil, vanilla, brown sugar, egg, milk, juice, and yogurt. Whisk 2-3 minutes until well combined.
4. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Let mixture stand 15 minutes. Fold in shredded coconut.
6. Pour batter in to greased or papered muffin tins. Top with additional shredded coconut or banana slices.
7. Cook at 350 for 18-22 min or until toothpick comes out clean and bread is golden brown. Enjoy!