Baked Chili Cheese Frito Chicken Tenders
After my trip home to Michigan for a friends wedding I was reminded of some of the recipes I grew up eating. This was my mother's go-to for family picnics. This chicken is moist, crispy and oh-so-flavorful. This recipe is loved by everyone and even got the "Those were SOOO good!" stamp of approval from my boyfriend. This recipe makes 4 servings, and even with it's chip coating each serving is only 315 calories! Delicious and low-cal, what could be better?!?
Non-stick spray and/or aluminum foil
1/2 large bag Chili Cheese Fritos
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins, sliced into strips
1. Preheat oven to 425. Coat baking dish with non-stick spray. (Lining the pan with aluminum foil also helps with quick clean-up.)
2. Add Fritos to food processor. Pulse until Fritos form a corse crumbly texture. (If you don't have a food processor simply crush chips in bag with hammer until they form a corse crumbly texture.) Transfer crumbs to large bowl or pan.
3. In separate bowl, crack eggs and beat with fork until frothy.
4. One strip at a time, dunk chicken in egg mixture, then coat in crumbs, covering the chicken completely. Evenly place strips on pre-greased pan.
5. Cook at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and coating is crispy and slightly browned. Enjoy with my jalapeño ranch for an extra kick!