Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
I've said it a million times, breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day, hands down. However, finding the motivation to cook breakfast every day is hard. This recipe is great because you get all the delicious layers of breakfast-y goodness and you can prepare it the night before! My recipe makes enough for 2-4, but double it and make enough for company too! My recipe below gives low-cal substitutions for those of you watching your weight! Yum!
4 uncooked Johnsonville original breakfast sausage patties (or 1/2 log Jennie-O turkey breakfast sausage or 1 cup Morning Star Farms breakfast sausage crumbles)
1 tsp oregano, divided
4 large eggs (or 6 egg whites)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup Mexican Four Cheese Shredded Cheese (or light/reduced fat shredded cheese blend), divided
20 frozen Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns tater tots (or sweet potato tots)
1 tbsp chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In fry pan, cook and crumble sausage until fully cooked, stirring frequently. Drain excess grease and add 1/2 tsp oregano. Spread evenly across bottom of small casserole dish.
3. In cereal bowl, whip together eggs with fork. Season with salt, pepper and remaining oregano. Pour over sausage in casserole dish.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheese over egg mixture. Place tater tots evenly across top of egg mixture.
5. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
6. Allow casserole to cool 5-10 minutes. Garnish with chives and enjoy!