Monday, September 29, 2014

PB-Coco-Cacao Banana Bread


If you're familiar with my blog, you know I'm a sucker for banana bread. I also love chocolate and coconut together. When I was at the spice market the other day, I picked up some roasted cacao and figured that I would try it in a new banana bread recipe. And OMG is this a good one! I seriously ate half the loaf in a day. And I didn't even feel bad about it because this recipe is sugar and grain free! Yummy! 

PB-Coco-Cacao Banana Bread

Ingredients:
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
4 eggs
1/2 cup creamy coconut peanut butter
4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 oz. roasted cacao 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan. 
2. In large bowl, combine bananas, eggs, oil, butter, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. 
3. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to wet ingredients and mix well. 
4. Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle evenly with cacao.
5. Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean. 
6. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting in to slices and enjoying. Bonus points if you top bread with additional nut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment