Monday, January 12, 2015

Italian Simmered Eggs


My boyfriend and I are pretty obsessed with breakfast, usually at 2 in the afternoon. I'm especially partial to my breakfast sandwiches, but every once and awhile, I like to change it up a little bit. 
I made some home made marinara sauce about a week ago that needed to be used up, and this was my solution. The result is cheesy and delicious eggs baked in marinara sauce! Yummy!

Italian Simmered Eggs

Ingredients:
1 cup marinara sauce
4 eggs
1/4 cup skim milk
3 small fresh mozzarella balls, quartered
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Toasted bread for dipping 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425. Pour sauce in to oven-safe dish or pan. For individual portions, divide evenly in two ramekins. 
2. Top with eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, and seasoning. Bake 10-15 minutes or until whites of eggs are cooked throughly. 
3. Serve with toasted bread and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment