Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Low-Calorie Avocado Chicken Salad


I am absolutely obsessed with Avocados. Seriously. Ask anyone. I will eat a whole avocado with some salt and pepper as a snack. So of course, I try to find any way to incorporate more avocado in to my diet. This recipe is super quick and easy, not to mention healthy. I like to make it in the morning and then bring it with me to eat at work. 
My favorite way to enjoy this chicken salad is in a sandwich between two pieces of Sara Lee 45 Calorie bread with Sea Salt & Pepper Rice Thins (pictured above). BONUS: That whole meal is only 280 calories!

Low-Calorie Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, cooked and cooled
1 medium avocado
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Bread, pita, crackers, etc. (optional)

Directions:
1. Cut chicken breast in to small cubes. 
2. Slice avocado in half. Scoop out one half and mash until smooth. Slice second half of avocado in to small cubes. 
3. Combine chicken, avocado, yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice in bowl and mix until even. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper. 
4. Cover and chill at least 30 min before consuming. Enjoy!

(Makes two servings, so save some for dinner or a snack!)

No comments:

Post a Comment