Monday, September 22, 2014

DIY Infused Olive Oil


DIY Infused Olive Oil

I have a slight obsession with olive oil. I use it in a lot of my cooking and frying. I think it gives a great flavor to food, without being overpowering. This infused version kicks any recipe one notch. One of my favorite things in the world is good bread dipped in olive oil. Most grocery stores sell infused or flavored oil, but I prefer to make it myself. It is cheaper, and I get to customize the exact flavor I want. I love this super garlicky flavor with a kick of basil, but feel free to experiment with your spices! It's all in the fun! This is also a great home made gift that everyone will love! That is, if it doesn't get gobbled up immediately!

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic 
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp. sea salt
2 cups extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
In airtight container, add all herbs and seasonings. Pour in olive oil. Put lid on container and shake until well combined. Let oil sit at room temperature least 24 hours before consuming. Oil is good for up to two weeks, and will develop more flavor with time. Feel free to customize ingredients to your liking!


No comments:

Post a Comment